“Can we go our own way?”
The three of us were friends since our schooling days back in the 80s.
Fast forward to 2007 – we had a collective experience of 30+ years, holding key positions in software development, publishing, and e-learning.
And we found ourselves asking the question.
At a time when outsourcing to India was all about cost arbitrage and economy of scale, we desperately wanted to be different. We wanted to stand for quality, for expertise, for trust.
We decided to take the plunge straight off the deep end.
We were “regular” people with rather meager savings. All we had going for us was self-belief and good intentions.
After some initial fretting, we decided to let the numbers be… and concentrate on what we knew we were good at – deliver to promised budget and quality to our first two clients.
Thanks Bruce and Scott, for trusting us with your reputation and goodwill!
Our team has been working with Focalworks for over a decade after an exhaustive search looking for an offshore partner...
They are always flexible and go beyond the call of duty. I highly recommended the Focalworks team.
CEO, Octane Learning
I have work with Focalworks for over 10 years and I can't say enough about this group. A larger part of the success of my past two companies can attributed to Focalworks.
After the success I've had with Focalworks, it's doubtful that I'will ever use another software team.
Dr. Scott Bublitz, PhD.
Founder, Exam Design Inc.
Over the past years, we have built some fantastic relationships that have stood the test of time; over 70% of our clients and more than 85% of our key employees have been with us for more than 7 years.
Perhaps that’s what makes us different.
And it is a matter of pride that our clients trust us with doing a great job for them.
Here’s why you would love working with us (or not)
- We’ll work very closely with you to align the deliverables to your business goals.
- Unless we are confident that we will be able to deliver, we won’t have a problem with saying “no” to you.
- We’ll communicate effectively and collaborate efficiently with your internal teams and other stakeholders to create a true capability multiplier.
- We’ll be a stickler for quality and you’d find us frequently urging you to allocate more hours to robust engineering and testing.
- We’ll work long hours with you through a crunch, but we will always encourage you to plan reasonable timelines.